Casting Technology: Complete Collection of Graphic Casting Process(1)
The liquid metal is poured into a mold cavity adapted to the shape and size of the part, and is cooled and solidified to obtain a production method of the blank or the part, which is generally called metal liquid forming or casting.
Process flow: liquid metal → filling → solidification shrinkage → casting
1. It can produce parts with arbitrary shapes, especially those with complicated internal cavity shape.
2, adaptability, the type of alloy is not limited, the casting size is almost unlimited.
3, the source of materials is wide, waste products can be remelted, equipment investment is low.
4. High scrap rate, low surface quality and poor working conditions.
Sand casting: A casting method for producing castings in a sand mold. Steel, iron and most non-ferrous alloy castings can be obtained by sand casting.
1. Suitable for making complex shapes, especially blanks with complex internal cavities;
2. Wide adaptability and low cost;
3. For some materials with poor plasticity, such as cast iron, sand casting is the only forming process for making parts or blanks.
Application: Castings for engine cylinder block, cylinder head, crankshaft, etc.
(2) investment casting (investmentcasting)
Investment casting: usually refers to the formation of a sample of fusible material, the surface of the pattern is coated with several layers of refractory material to form a shell, and then the pattern is melted and discharged into the shell to obtain a mold without a parting surface, and is fired at a high temperature. The casting scheme can be followed by sand casting. Often referred to as "lost wax casting."
1. High dimensional accuracy and geometric accuracy;
2. High surface roughness;
3. It is capable of casting castings with complex appearances, and the alloys cast are not limited.
Disadvantages: complicated operation and high cost
Application: Suitable for the production of small parts with complex shapes, high precision requirements, or difficult to perform other processing, such as blades for turbine engines.
(3) Die casting
Die-casting: The high-pressure metal liquid is pressed into a precision metal mold cavity by high pressure, and the molten metal is cooled and solidified under pressure to form a casting.
1. Metal liquid with high pressure and fast flow rate during die casting
2, the product quality is good, the size is stable, and the interchangeability is good;
3, high production efficiency, the number of times the die-casting mold is used;
4, suitable for mass production, good economic returns.
1. Castings are prone to small pores and shrinkage.
2. Die castings have low plasticity and should not work under impact load and vibration;
3. When die-casting of high-melting alloy, the life of the mold is low, which affects the expansion of die-casting production.
Application: Die castings were first used in the automotive industry and instrument industry, and later gradually expanded to various industries, such as agricultural machinery, machine tool industry, electronics industry, defense industry, computers, medical equipment, watches, cameras and daily hardware. ....